From the start, this blog share FREE practical personal finance tips to everyone especially to fellow Filipinos. All articles are created from a newbie or beginner’s perspective to provide basic and fundamental financial knowledge to fellow beginner’s who are just starting out.
To continue, let me share you a collection of 35 short but very practical personal finance tips that everyone can follow to increase financial knowledge, save more money, earn more and work his way to financial freedom.
35 Practical personal finance tips
1. Invest in yourself first. Increasing your knowledge is the best investment of all time!
2. Know and realize that money is abundant but time is limited. You may have all the money you want but you cannot bring back the time that passed.
3. Remember that money = value. The more value you provide the more money you can have.
4. Money is not evil. The misuse of money is.
5. Be certain on what you want to accomplish in terms of your financial goals. Provide numbers(how much) and the exact timeframe(when).
6. Set higher goals but be realistic. You cannot save P1,000,000 in one year if your monthly salary is P25,000 and only relying on that income.
7. Create simple plans on how to achieve your goals and work on them everyday.
8. Find ways to earn more. There’s a lot of ways you can earn extra money on your free time!
9. Read personal finance and success related books.
10. Watch personal finance and success related videos.
11. Attend personal finance seminars, training and classes.
12. Move! Nothing will change if you’re not doing anything.
13. Learn how to grow your money. You cannot work for money all your life!
14. Be healthy. Always remember that health is wealth!
15. Be practical. Find ways how you can save money or time when doing things.
16. Learn how to automate. See the options of automating your finances to save you time and effort.
17. Don’t compare yourself to others.
18. Meet like minded people.
19. Keep records of your financial transactions.
20. Never invest on the things you don’t understand.
21. Learn how to save money.
22. Take note and monitor all your expenses and eliminate unnecessary spendings to save more money.
23. Keep receipts. You may need them in some cases.
24. Pay your bills online. See tutorial here.
25. Use ATM savings account for emergency fund.
26. Don’t put all your money in the banks. Learn other types of invesments that can help grow your money.
27. Create a budget for leisure and entertainment. Do not deprive yourself.
28. Pay your credit card balance in full before due date.
29. Be patient. You cannot turn around your financial situation in just a snap.
30. Think long term. Make decisions that contribute long term success in your life.
31. Learn from your “money mistakes“.
32. Discuss and share your financial goals with your family.
33. Start small. Take one step at a time. Remember that each step bring you closer to your goals.
34. Choose all applicable lessons, learning and advice you got from all reliable resources and apply them in your life.
35. Share the lessons you learn to others.
These are the 35 practical personal finance tips I can share for now. I know there’s allot, I just picked them from the top of my head.
If you have something to add, please share them on the comment section below.
To our success, cheers!
Leave a Reply