Knowing how to apply for a Philippine passport online could be a great help to our fellow kababayans who needs to have a passport or need to renew their passport. You can save time, money and effort if you’re going to utilize the online process.
Although it is not yet fully automated, application and initial processing of data online are a really great help when applying for a Philippine passport. This short article when sharing the easy steps on how to apply for a Philippine passport online.
Requirements when applying for a Philippine passport
Before setting an appointment to make sure that you have all the requirements needed before the appointment date that you’re going to set. Please note that if you missed your appointment, it will automatically be canceled. Here are the general requirements.
- Confirmed appointment
- Personal appearance (this is needed for data validation, photo capture, signature etc.)
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Valid ID
- Photocopies of the requirements above
*Make sure you have the photocopies as you will not be entertained without them.
*For the complete list of requirements and other conditions, please check here.
Procedures of setting passport appointment online
1. Go to www.passport.com.ph. Before proceeding with the steps and requirements, read the important reminders from the DFA.
2. Click Set an appointment at the left side menu (see screenshot below).
3. Click or Select the nearest or your preferred site. In my case, I preferred Robinson’s Galeria for convenience.
4. Read all the reminders and additional information. Then click Start Individual Appointment Process button at the bottom of the page.
*For application type, please select the appropriate option.
*For processing type, select what you preferred. Regular and Rush has a difference in fees and of course processing time.
6. It will show again the requirements needed. Just click continue. The system will now verify if you understand all the requirements and if you’re ready to proceed.
Click the button to proceed.
7. You can now set your appointment on the date you preferred. The system will tell you if there are slots available on a specific date. Kindly select another date if it’s not available or you also have the option to select other satellite offices.
8. Once you’re done setting your appointment, the system will advise you that you need to confirm and print the application form. Check the email that you provided during the application and confirm the transaction.
*Note that the appointment will be canceled if you didn’t confirm within 24 hours.
9. Once you checked your email and clicked the confirmation link, the system will advise you the appointment has been confirmed. It will give you the link to print your document or application form. Please print it in a long type bond paper.
On the date of appointment
10. On your appointment date, go to the DFA office that you selected during the application. Make sure that you’ll be there on time! Tell the guard that you will claim your passport. Present your application form to the counter.
11. Get your queue number and wait until your number is called or displayed on the monitor. Proceed to the designated area for processing. You will also be advised to pay the necessary fees.
*Fees vary from DFA offices. Here’s for Robinson’s Galleria for first-time applicants.
- Regular Processing (15 working days): P950.00
- Express Processing (7 working days): P1,200.00
12. Proceed to the encoding section for image and data capturing. Earrings, contact lenses, and smiling with visible teeth are also not allowed at this point.
13. Voila! That’s it! The officer in charge will tell you when you can claim your passport. It can also be seen on the receipt. Make sure you keep the receipt since it will be your proof when claiming your passport.
*Note: You can opt to have it deliver in your home or office for your convenience for a certain amount of fee.
Those are the easy steps on how to apply for a Philippine passport online. As mentioned, it can really save your money, time and effort instead of going to the DFA offices manually.
In fact, DFA will not process your application if you don’t have an online appointment. I hope this short article helps. God bless!
You may also want to check how to get SSS number account online.