Online transactions are one of the main benefits we have right now. Due to advanced technology and information systems, we can now transact and process different applications online. On this article, I’ll share the step by step guide for members on how to create SSS online account. Let’s go.
This is provided that you already have an SSS number. If not, you may follow how to get SSS number in the Philippines or how to get SSS number online here. Using the online feature will automatically let you create an online account.
If you have SSS number and don’t have an online account, these are the 5 simple steps you need to create SSS online account.
Steps on how to create SSS online account
The following steps below are the basic and simple step by step guide for members who want to register and create SSS online account. Please take note that employer has a different process and requirements. Basically, members are the employees and of course, employers are those for businesses and business owners. Got it? Ok, here are the steps.
1. Go to official sss website (https://www.sss.gov.ph/). Once there, click the “member registration” like what you can see on my screenshot below.
2. Fill up the details on the form. See image below. This requires your SSS number and a valid email address.
*Yahoo email address is preferred but in case you’re using a different email address, please check your spam folder for the confirmation link.
Enter the verification code and hit submit.
You will receive a notification that an email has been sent to your email address. You can now check your email address for the link and follow furthers instructions there.
3. Open your email and click the link from SSS. This will redirect you to a page to complete the SSS online account registration. See sample image below.
4. Fill up the details again on the form to complete your registration.
You might need the following:
- Self-employed – any RECEIPT NO. Found on the RSS Receipt Form of SSS
- Employed/Household – any 13-digit SS Employer ID/Household SS Number where you worked for at least six months
Once you completed all the details, agreed to the SSS terms and conditions. You can now submit your application. *Make sure to double check all the information before hitting submit.
You will receive your SSS online account credentials through your registered email.
5. Login to your registered email and check email from SSS. This can take a while.
Once you received your SSS online account credentials, go back to official SSS website to verify and check your account. I advise to first change the password for security purposes.
That’s it! You now have an SSS online account that you can use for SSS verification and other SSS inquiries. Having an SSS online account will give you convenience in checking your loan status, contribution, payments and other related information about your SSS benefits.
If you’re already an SSS member, I suggest following the steps on how to create SSS online account above and take advantage of its benefits. On future articles, I’ll share other tutorials how to use and navigate inside your SSS online account.
You may also want to read the following article about your SSS:
I hope this has been informative. Cheers!