If you’re a fresh graduate and started completing your requirements for your first job, SSS number is one of the things you need to have. Getting SSS number is required if you’re going to work here in the Philippines.
This will be one of your identification and certification that you are a Filipino. Aside from that, the main reason why you need to have SSS number is for government benefits.
Social Security System or SSS is our government institution that manage pension and other benefits for Filipino workers working in the private sector.
I remember when I graduated in college last 2008, this is the first requirement I decided to have. It took me a day before I completed the process. Probably because I didn’t look for ways on how I can get SSS number easily.
Aside from that, I am also not familiar in Manila at that time. Today, I will share the easy steps on how to get SSS number easily. You can use this as a guide so that you can save time when getting your SSS number.
I hope this will help you in completing your requirements for your job.
Getting SSS number in the Philippines seems no different when getting other government requirements or legal documents. The process is still being done manually.
Yes, you need to wait on a long line and spend couple of your precious hours before you can accomplish this task. How we wish all of these can be done via online here in the Philippines.
But sad to think, it’s not. Don’t lose hope, probably in the near future all these processes will be available online here in our country.
The Social Security System (SSS) is a social insurance institution. It provides and administers a pension fund for workers in the private sector that has the following social security benefits: sickness, retirement, maternity, disability, death, funeral, and employee’s compensation.
SSS or social security system number is a must when you are applying for a job. Even a maid should have SSS filed by their employer according to the new law. T
here are so many benefits we can use if we are an active member of the SSS. Personal or Salary loan, calamity loan, maternity benefits and so many others.
Two types of coverage under the SSS Program
1. Compulsory Coverage
2. Voluntary Coverage
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
Non-Working Spouse of SSS Members
This article is primarily for employed/employees. I will create separate article for each of the category above in the future.
For now, let’s focus on the employee registration. Here are the steps and requirements you need to follow when getting SSS number.
Employee SSS requirements
- Accomplished SSS Form-E1
- Valid ID (Passport, NSO birth certificate, Driver’s license etc.)
- You may also want to bring any additional ID or supporting documents (NBI clearance, ATM card with cardholder’s name, credit card, police clearance, postal ID, school ID and other secondary IDs).
1. Go to the nearest SSS branch in your area. You can also check malls in your area that has government offices. Nowadays, government offices have satellite branches in malls to provide convenient service to our kababayans.
Once your in the SSS office, get an E1 form. Fill up the form and complete the information. Make sure all data
To save your valuable time, download the E1-form here. Fill up the form in your home before leaving. Make sure all information are complete and correct.
When you go to the nearest SSS office in your area, go straight to the line to submit the E1-form and your requirements.
2. Once done, you may need to fall in line and wait. This is the hardest part again as it may take several hours depending on the branch and number of people they need to assist. Just follow the line and submit you requirements.
3. Lastly, SSS will provide you the copy of E1 form with SSS number at the upper left corner of the form. Make sure you keep this as this will be your SSS number for life.
That’s pretty much it! You now have your SSS number. After getting the SSS number, you may now apply for the SSS id or SSS Unified card (after having at least 1 month contribution). I will share a separate article on that process. Please check.
I hope this article some how gave you ideas on how you can get your SSS number. I also hope that this will help you save time in processing and getting your SSS number.
If you know other person who needs it, please share this article to help them.
Good luck on your job!