This short article will share the easy steps on how to open an account in COL Financial so you can start investing in the Philippine stock market. It’s easy and convenient. And it’s only P5,000. Here’s how.
Note: I’m not related or in anyway working with COL financial. I wrote this article due to some emails and comments I received on how they can start investing in the stock market or asking how to open an account in COL Financial. I recommend COL because I’m one of their client and I experienced their system and customer service. That’s just it. This is for informational purpose only.
Ok, you now ask – how to start? Open an account! That’s the initial step.
But of course, you should have at least basic knowledge how investing in the stock market works. If you’re a newbie, I suggest you attend a free seminar before opening an account so you can learn the basic and fundamentals. You may check FREE stock market seminars for beginners on this article. COL Financial offering free stock market seminars. You can attend it for free and then open an account after if you think it’s for you.
Steps and Requirements on how to open an account in COL Financial
1. Decide what type of account
There are 3 basic types of account in COL Financial as what you can see on the image above. For P5,000 initial investment select the COL Starter.
2. Download, Fill-up and Print the application forms
There are 3 forms you need to fill-up and complete to open an account in COL Financial. Here they are.
- Customer Account Information Form (CAIF). You can download it here.
- Online Securities Trading Agreement (OSTA). Download it here.
- Specimen Signature cards (2 copies). Download it here.
- TIN number (This is a new requirement. If you don’t have TIN, you need to get one. You can follow this article.
3. Additional Requirements
A. Filipino Citizen
- Photocopy of Valid Government issued ID (Valid IDs are: Passport, Philippines Driver’s License, SSS ID(card type), GSIS ecard plus, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID, Comelec Voter’s ID)
- Recent Billing Statement
B. Resident Foreign Citizen
- Photocopy of one (1) valid government issued ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or Work Permit from DOLE
C. Non-Resident Foreign Citizen
- Authentication of a photocopy of one (1) valid passport
- Proof of Income
D. IN-TRUST-FOR (ITF) accounts
- Photocopy of one (1) valid government issued ID of the parent
- Birth Certificate of the minor applicant
- ITF supplementary agreement. Donwload it here.
4. Submit Forms and Requirements
Once you completed all the requirements above, you need to submit the forms and requirements to the COL Financial office. You can personally submit originally signed forms and clear ID documents to COL Financial or through iRemit branches.
As I suggest, you can attend the free seminar and submit the requirements after. Forms are available in their office so make sure you bring the other requirements needed.
Here’s the COL Financial office address.
COL FINANCIAL BUSINESS CENTER
2403B East Tower, PSE Centre,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center,
Pasig City 1605, Philippines
COL FINANCIAL MAKATI INVESTOR CENTER
Mezzanine, Citibank Center,
8741 Paseo de Roxas
Makati City 1227, Philippines
5. Fund your account
Note: Applications submitted and not funded within 3-months will require one to re-apply with new forms and IDs.
You can fund your account direct to COL Financial office. You can also take advantage the use of online banking. Please note that using online banking has has corresponding charges. See them on this article.
Once your account has been funded, COL Financial will processed your login credentials and email your password. You can see the initial fund available in your account and ready to buy shares.
If you’re a beginner like many of us, focus on bluechip companies which has stable growth and can give regular dividends. You can read more about stock dividends here.
You can also do peso-cost averaging and stick to long term investing. This way, you can focus on your work or business and let your money grow over time.
All these information about how to open an account in COL Financial are taken from their official website for sharing purposes only. For customer support and other questions, please contact COL Financial. I hope this post has been informative. To our success, cheers!