Aside from BDO joint savings account we have, I and my lovely wife decided to open joint savings account in Metrobank couple days ago. As I shared here, our next goal, for now, is to build a “baby fund” after completing our emergency fund.
We want things to be organized and we thought that having separate joint savings account for our baby fund would be best.
Here are some tips and information on how to open joint savings account in Metrobank.
Joint savings account in Metrobank requirements
- 2 pcs. of 2×2 latest photo(1×1 will do)
- Valid I.D(original and photocopy)
- Proof of billing(should have the same address with any of your valid I.D)
- Initial deposit (P2,000) for ATM joint savings account
- TIN number (in earlier part of 2016, almost all establishments doing financial transactions ask to require TIN numbers from their clients/customers)
Metro bank savings account features
- Interest rate: 0.250%
- Balance to earn interest: P10,000
- Maintaining balance: P2,000
- Below maintaining balance fee: P300
Steps in opening joint savings account in Metrobank
1. Prepare all the requirements and visit the nearest Metro branch in your area.
2. Go to the new account section and advise that you want to open a Metrobank joint savings account. The teller will check the requirements and will provide the application form for you to fill up.
3. Fill-up the application. Make sure all information are correct. You will also be asked what type of joint savings account you’re going to open. You have the option to choose from “OR or AND” type of joint savings account.
4. Submit the application form. We also advised the teller to have it open or activated for Metrobank online banking. The teller will provide all the details and will inform you when you can claim the ATM card.
In our case, it took few hours. The ATM was released on that day.
That’s it! We now have an ATM joint savings account in Metrobank. We’re now on our way working with our “baby fund goal“.
Again, this article is for joint savings account in Metrobank, check here if you need to open a regular Metrobank savings account.
I hope you’re working great on your financial and life goals too. God bless!
Metrobank Joint savings account infographic
You may also like.
- Eastwest bank savings account
- Comparison of Savings account in the Philippines
- Comparison of Time deposit account in the Philippines
Savings account interest are so low and will not help you make more money with your money. If you’re looking for ways to grow your money, I suggest you take a look at some investment options available here in the Philippines.
But before you dive into that, here are the basic and fundamentals of investing. After you learn and read about investing, it’s time to learn more about other investing vehicles you can use to grow your money.
Here are some of the great articles on this blog.
I hope this short article provided some useful information. Thanks for dropping by. Cheers!
Jez Charles Self says
My wife and I are moving to Gen Trias in about two weeks from Egypt.
My wife is Filipino and I am from the UK.
We need to open an account as soon as we get there.
Please tell us what we need.
My wife only has her passport as ID as she has been out of the country for so long.
Will should have a rental receipt for where we will be living and I will have 2 x photo ID; Passport and UK drivers ;licence.
Her passport will do Jez, if it’s a personal account. If you’re going to open a joint account, there might be other requirements. Best thing to do is to visit the nearest bank of your choice. Thanks!
Yiqi Po says
Do not open a Metrobank joint account if both account holders of the joint account want to have access to online banking. Metrobank web app and mobile app cannot register more than one user linked to the same account number. Quite dumb, if you ask me, but that’s Metrobank.
Did metrobank give you two ATM cards with the same account number?
Do you have a list of valid IDs accepted by Metrobank?
Gusto ko po mag open ng joint account, pero ung girlfriend ko sa Pilipinas siya yung mag oopen. Dahil nasa ibang bansa po ako. Anu po dapat gawin?
Patrice Tolentino says
Hi, we’re planning to open a joint account, but the thing is I am the only who has proof of billing, would it be possible? Thank you so much. 🙂
Emanuel Mamales says
Hi, we’re planning to open a joint account, but the thing is I am the only who has proof of billing and my fiance has only one valid ID which is postal ID, would it be possible? Thank you so much.
Bhrin Steel says
Hi, Pwedi magtanong for the Joint account requirements husband ko foreigner?
Thank u & God bless
MA.CRISTINA T. BELLO says
ME AND MY HUSBAND WANT TO OPEN A JOINT ACCOUNT HIS FR EGYPT AND ME IS FR. PHILIPPINES.CAN WE OPEN HERE IN QATAR WHERE I OPEN ALSO MY SAVINGS HERE?WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENT NEEDED FOR US?
THANK YOU HOPE,,,
DYAN FLOR ESPANOL says
May we ask if we are going to open a joint account of my partner, and we don’t have same ID address? Is it possible to open an account with our names?