On this article, you’ll learn the requirements and the exact steps you need if you’re opening a savings account in Metrobank. It contains all the information you need to know to get started.
Metrobank is also one of the biggest bank in the Philippines and I’m pretty sure that most of our kababayans are also looking for information that could provide them a reference when opening a savings account in Metrobank.
Requirements of ATM Savings account in Metrobank
- 2 valid IDs
- 2 pcs. of 1×1 or 2×2 picture
- Php2,000 initial deposit amount
- Billing statement
- TIN number (in earlier part of 2016, almost all establishments doing financial transactions ask to require TIN numbers from their clients/customers)
Steps in opening ATM savings account in Metrobank
- Go to the nearest or your preferred Metrobank branch and advise that you want to open an ATM account with them.
- Fill up the form. Make sure you double check all the information before submitting it together with the initial deposit amount of Php 2,000.
- The officer in charge will then encode all the information to their system and will print a receipt or say a deposit slip for the transaction. That’s basically it! Asked them when you can claim your ATM card. Mostly it’s within 1 week.
*Please note that you need to present your deposit slip and a valid ID when claiming your ATM card. Make sure you have it.
Requirements of Passbook savings account in Metrobank
- 2 valid IDs
- 2 pcs. of 1×1 or 2×2 photo
- Php10,000 initial deposit
- TIN number
*Some Metrobanks branches needs or requesting to have barangay clearance or a copy of birth certificate. I suggest you bring one if you have. Or bring other valid ID and/or supporting documents you have.
Steps in opening Passbook savings account in Metrobank
- Go to the nearest or your preferred Metrobank branch and advise the teller that you want to open a passbook savings account.
- Fill up the form for application. Make sure everything you write is accurate. Make sure you double check.
- Submit the completed application form together with the Php10,000 initial deposit needed. On some Metrobank branches, they are giving option to have a free ATM card together with your Passbook. Meaning, one account with 1 Passbook and 1 ATM card. Really nice! Right? May sure you check with them.
- The bank officer will check everything and encode your information on their system. You just need to wait a couple of minutes and you’ll have your Metrobank passbook. And you’re done!
*The ATM card will be release after 5 days if you also choose to have it together with you Passbook.
Here’s some additional information about fees and charges on different Metrobank accounts. Source: Metrobank.
There you go. Hope this post give you some help on how to open savings account in Metrobank. This is necessary when you start budgeting and building your emergency fund.
You may also like.
- BDO Savings account
- BPI Savings account
- BPI Easy saver
- Eastwest bank savings account
- Landbank savings account
- PNB savings account
- Chinabank Savings account
- RCBC savings account
- Comparison of Savings account in the Philippines
- Comparison of Time deposit account in the Philippines
If you’re looking to grow your money, savings account may not be the best option. Learn the basic of investing here and see what other investment vehicles you can use to grow your money more faster.
Lets start small steps in achieving our financial goals.