On this short article, I will share easy steps on how to open savings account in PNB. PNB is one of the well-known and stable bank here in the Philippines. If PNB is your bank of choice and looking for some guide and information this article will help you.
Previously, this blog shared simple and easy steps how to open savings account in other known and large bank here in the Philippines like BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, and Chinabank.
I will continue sharing more tutorials and simple guide along the way to help our fellow kababayans managing their personal finances.
Alright, let’s check the requirements and steps on opening a savings account in PNB.
PNB savings account requirements
- 2 valid ID with photos
- 2 1×1 ID pictures
- Initial Deposit: P10,000 for Passbook and P3,000 for ATM
- TIN number (in earlier part of 2016, almost all establishments doing financial transactions ask to require TIN numbers from their clients/customers)
PNB Passbook savings account
- Initial deposit: P10,000
- Minimum maintaning balance: P10,000
- Balance to earn interest: P15,000
- Interest rate: 0.100% p.a
PNB ATM savings account
- Initial deposit: P3,000
- Minimum maintaning balance: P3,000
- Balance to earn interest: P10,000
- Interest rate: 0.100% p.a
3 Easy steps to open savings account in PNB
1. Go to the nearest PNB branch in your area. Make sure to bring the requirements listed above.
2. Go to the new account section and advise the teller you’re going to open a savings account. The teller will provide you the application form.
3. Fill up the application form. Make sure you double check all the information. Once done, submit it to the teller together with the requirements and initial deposit amount of which savings account you chose. The bank teller will check and process your application.
Once completed, the teller will advise you when you can claim your ATM or passbook. Usually it’s 3-5 business days but depends on PNB branches.
You now have a savings account in PNB. You may check other types of bank account in PNB here. Start saving and working your financial goals to be financially free someday.
You may also check or read other personal finance tips on this blog to help you become more aware of how you can properly manage your personal finances.
You can check the ABC of emergency fund here to learn more about building emergency fund or you can read budgeting to help you in creating and working on your budget.
If your goal is to grow your money, savings account may not be the best tool to use. There are other investment vehicles out there that can help you more in growing your hard-earned money.
Here are some examples.
- Stock Market
- Mutual funds
- Or businesses
There are other investments out there but make sure that you know something on it before venturing into any of them. You can read books, blogs or even attend seminars to help you gain more knowledge.
Always remember that investing in yourself is the best investment of all time.
I hope this has been informative, until next time! Cheers!