Online banking has provided us many benefits. Gone are the days when you need to travel and fall in line to Bayad centers or Meralco Center just to pay the bill. Right now, you can pay the bills online at the comfort of your home thru the internet.
You can save time, effort and money utilizing the online feature of your bank to pay your bills. And guess what, you can do it automatically. That’s what I’m going to share on today’s article, how to pay your bills online automatically.
Assuming that you already activated the online banking feature of your ATM or any savings account, you can utilize their feature to pay bills online automatically. You can check my previous article how to apply or activate online banking of your BDO, BPI and Metrobank savings account.
Please take note that this option could only be applicable to recurring fixed payments or fixed bill price that you need to pay monthly or whatever schedule.
Because you have to input the amount that you’re going to regularly pay, thus you cannot include those utilities and payments that change and not fixed.
Great examples are telephone or internet bill, cable, your COL stock investment and many others. Here are the steps on how to pay bills online automatically.
How to pay bills online automatically using BPI
1. Login to your BPI online account. Go to Payments and Reloading tab, under Bills Payment select Scheduled Bills payment. See the image below.
2. You can now setup you BPI account to pay your bills online automatically. Select the bill that you want to pay. BPI has the list of merchant and you can add yours if it’s not yet there. Here are the steps you need to do upfront.
Please see the image below taken from my own BPI account.
In summary, here are the things you need to do:
- Select the bill or merchant you want to pay
- Input the amount
- Select the account where you want to get the money (If you have multiple accounts enrolled)
- On the schedule options, select monthly then select how many numbers of months you want to have it pay automatically
- Select the start date and then Submit
Here are some reminders:
There you have it! Those are just the easy steps you need to take on how to pay your bills online automatically using your BPI online banking. If you have other banks, the process is the same. I can’t access my BDO online account right now to grab screen shots there but I’m sure they are just the same.
Set up and schedule a payment and set it automatically to automate your finances. This can really save you time, money and effort. I hope this helps. Until next time. 🙂